It’s happened: Bulbasaur, the one remaining original starter Pokémon, is now available in Build-A-Bear plush form.
Build-A-Bear Workshop has begun selling an online exclusive bundle featuring a pre-stuffed Bulbasaur, Kanto’s grass-type starter, alongside some exclusive extras. These include a trading card, voice chip and stylish ski hat-scarf combo. The set will set fans back $55, while buying Bulbasaur alone costs $35.
This is a momentous occasion for the oft-forgotten Bulbasaur, whose introduction to Pokémon’s Build-A-Bear lineup comes months after its fellow gen-one starters. When Squirtle arrived in May of this year — almost six months after Charmander launched — it was safe to assume that the Workshop would bring Bulbasaur on board next. Not so: Meowth arrived earlier this fall, making it clear where the stuffed animal retailer’s priorities were. Vulpix came not long after that, another sign that Bulbasaur just might not be on enough people’s radars.
But the Pokémon fans noticed, and many of them weren’t happy. The Bulbasaur Defense Force came out on Twitter in full swing after Vulpix’s reveal:
i’m not going to build a bear unless they make bulbasaur
— chris (@worokku) October 19, 2017
Why does it feel like someone at Build a Bear hates Bulbasaur? ;.;
— Justin M (@vicechan) October 12, 2017
However we may feel about Bulbasaur, it’s nice to know that it has something to smile about now. The Buld-A-Bear is not yet available in stores; it’s expected to arrive this weekend.
- Overcooked: Special Edition & Escapists 2 To Nintendo Switch From Team17 11 views
- The big Pocket Gamer accessory guide 2017 – iPhone 7 cases 10 views
- Nioh’s multiplayer options 10 views
- Best new iOS and Android games this week: The Binding of Isaac, Sonny, Star Wars: Arena and more 10 views
- The Last Jedi book covers show Poe Dameron’s new ride, other Star Wars secrets 10 views
- PS4 Pro Support Outlined For Sniper Elite 4 8 views