Pro wrestler, actor, rapper and television host John Cena has been spotted chumming it up with Nintendo bigwigs. In a photo tweeted by Doug Bowser, Nintendo’s head of sales and marketing, the 16-time world champion is seen throwing up his trademark “hustle, loyalty, respect” hand gesture beside both Bowser and Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime.
The photo is approximately 200 pixels wide, but it’s perfectly clear that everyone is having a really good time.
What’s less clear, however, is the purpose of Cena’s visit with Nintendo’s top brass. Here are some likely scenarios:
- Cena’s at Nintendo HQ for a costume fitting for the Super Smash Bros movie, in which he’ll be playing both Ice Climbers.
- Reggie got his hand stuck in a jar of honey and needed a strong man to help him get it out.
- Cena just showed up, and everyone was too afraid to ask why he was there. He’s still there, and he’s asking to meet Sonic the Hedgehog.
- He’s at Nintendo to finalize his divorce from Toadette.
- He’s the guy who makes the original SNES smaller for the SNES Classic.
- It’s Take Your Son to Work Day, and his dad is the big bullet from Super Mario World.
- He’s just dropping by to borrow an HDMI cable or something.
- He wanted to disprove fan theories by being seen in the same place as Reggie Fils-Aime.
- He was selected by lottery to be a human sacrifice in the ritual that grants Super Mario’s immortality.
- The Rock was busy.
- This one’s a stretch, but maybe they’re meeting about an ad campaign or something? Nah, that would be unprecedented.
- The big Pocket Gamer accessory guide 2017 – iPhone 7 cases 11 views
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild guide and walkthrough 11 views
- Overcooked: Special Edition & Escapists 2 To Nintendo Switch From Team17 11 views
- Best new iOS and Android games this week: The Binding of Isaac, Sonny, Star Wars: Arena and more 11 views
- The Last Jedi book covers show Poe Dameron’s new ride, other Star Wars secrets 11 views
- Nioh’s multiplayer options 11 views